- Beach is good
- Don't get Italian food in Mexico, even from an Italian restaurant
- Too much sun can hurt, but not for long
- I don't know enough Spanish
But seriously, the water is amazing. I want to live on a beach in a little hut. Maybe I should reconsider my schooling as a CS and just become a beach bum.
The story behind the Italian food is mildly interesting, so I will sum it up here. I ordered "Chicken Parmesan" and got a dry breaded chicken breast with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. All the Italian chefs out there are groaning.
I like lists, so I'll make another list of funny things that happened:
- I forgot to tip our maid the first day, and we ended up with five hand towels and two bath mats. The next day I overtipped, and we had five body towels and no bath mats.
- I burned the top of my feet. I must have spaced out putting on sunscreen.
- A pelican swam up to us while we were playing in the ocean. Then he flew off, and dive-bombed face first (of course) into the water nearby. Diving pelicans look funny.
- I watched a man and monkey play tag
- Walking through a pool area, some random staff person ran up to me saying something in Spanish, holding a squeeze-bottle of liquor. He took a squirt-shot and then started squirting my face with it so I would drink. (News to staff member, no need to coerce me. I like liquor!)
- Outside the buffet they had 10 different bottles of types of tequila/mescal along with a dish of salt, limes and shot glasses. Hmmm... not so funny, but definitely a good idea. Appetizer sampler?
Okay, end of lists. Maybe I'll post more when I get pictures back.